Thursday, June 30, 2005

films: What do you like?

I notice some of the people are putting photos from movies on the blog, and I know that most people like movies. I myself think film is the most important art form of the 20th century, maybe of the 21st century, too.

This week, let's talk about movies on the class blog. What kind of movies do you like? Why? I know many Japanese, especially men, seem to like action movies, maybe because the English is not very difficult. Many Hollywood action movies lose money in the States, so they depend on the Japanese market to make a profit.

My favorite action movie is The Last Action Hero by Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's sort of a satire of action movies.

I mentioned today that one of my favorite directors is Robert Altman. Another of my famous directors is Akira Kurosawa. His movie "The Seven Samurai" was voted one of the top action movies at the Internet Movie Database.

I like Shakespeare on film, too. I think if Shakespeare were alive today he would write for Hollywood. As you can probably guess, I especially like Kurosawa's two Shakespeare movies, "Throne of Blood" (Macbeth) and "Ran" (King Lear).

But enough about my taste in film. What do YOU like? Please include links to sites about the films you like, and if you can find some pictures, put those up for us, too.

And enjoy the end of "Lost in Space"! I'll have an assignment about it up for you next week. (^_^)

No comments: