Monday, January 08, 2007

Greetings from Atlanta!


I'm here at the annual meeting of the American Historical Association. I'm seeing a lot of old friends and meeting a lot of new ones. Unfortunately I'm not giving a paper myself, but I did find out I'll be giving a paper in Britain this year. In the meantime Atlanta is beautiful. I wish I had more time to explore the city and see some of the historical sites. But I have to be back for classes next week.

I dropped my computer going through airport security and cracked the screen. That was a good excuse to replace my laptop, which was already about 5 years old, and get a new one with wireless and a camera. So I've taken my own picture, used the hotel wireless to get online, and uploaded the photo to this blogpost.

SEE YOU ALL FRIDAY!!! (^_^)/~~~~

2 comments:

noriko said...

I want to know about AHA and Atlanta. And I want to see some pictures in there if you like.

On my computer, you look like God.This picture become like a old religion picture, I can see your face seems to be brightened.Parhaps is it only me??(^^;

Professor Philips said...

Hmmmm. About AHA and Atlanta you can get a lot from the AHA website. Also the History News Network (hnn.us) has a lot about the convention since they were blogging it. Someone was arrested, the Iraq War was hotly debated, and I was happy because there was plenty of African history this year, largely because this is the 200th anniversary of the outlawing of the Atlantic slave trade.

The picture is a special effect that comes with the software that comes with the Macintosh built-in camera. There are a lot of other features I am just starting to find out about. It has wireless capability (which I have never used before) and I was happy that I could use the wireless hot spots in hotels and airports, but disappointed that I had to pay to use them. (-_-;)

C'est la vie!