Friday, February 08, 2008

I'm sorry to say goodbye to you.

At first, I was often puzzled that I had to keep up with this class. Now, I look forward to posting this blog and attending the class. It's because that I could understand how to think in English, no Japanese. I'm happy to rediscover the delight of (learning) English. Thank you everyone! Thank you Professor!

By the way, I take a big fancy to "the Blues Brothers" very much. Do you know any movies like this genre? Although I have not watched comedic movies so much, I become addicted to comedy.

1 comment:

Professor Philips said...

Other comedies? Hmmmm . . . . .

The Blues Brothers calls itself "a musical comedy" but most of what are called musical comedies are Broadway shows. The Internet Movie Database has a whole page about comedies as a genre.

My personal favorite comedy is It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World by Stanley Kramer. It has many of the most famous comedians of the era. In fact it would be easier to name famous comedians who weren't in the movie than to name all the ones who were. Plus it has a lot of great car chase scenes. I guess you could think of it as The Blues Brothers without the music.