Thursday, July 14, 2011

about the earthquake





When the first big earthquake occured on March 11, I was in my hometown Sapporo. I felt a tremor but it was not so intense, so I thought it was ordinary earthquake and not so big at first. But I was surprised when I watched images of the earthquake and tsunami on TV news. I can’t believe that these terrible disasters happened in actuality. After a few days, I read an article of a local newspaper, which reported high school students who started a fund-raising campaign on the streets. I was deeply impressed by that article and went to place where they were the next day. I told them that I wanted to join their activity and took part in the fund-raising campaign. I really felt to do whatever I could. All money which they collected were donated to the Japanese Red Cross Society.

No comments: