Monday, January 23, 2006

Today's menus

I'm glad everyone seemed to like today's lesson, even though it was more of a lecture than English practice. I hope everyone will be ready this Friday for more practice with menus, ordering food, takeout, being a waiter or a waitress, etc.



Here's the website for Giordano's pizza in the Chicago area. Chicago has a large Italian populaion (Alphonse Capone was the most famous, but they don't like to talk about him much) so it is famous for Italian food.

Chicago is also famous for Greek food. I'm sorry I don't have a Greek restaurant menu for you, because I love Greek food but you can't find it in Japan. Even in Tokyo the closest I've come is a Turkish restaurant. Whenever I go through Europe I try to eat at a Greek restaurant.

What kind of food do you most like? What kind of food would you like to try?

No comments: