Wednesday, November 22, 2006

"AMAZING GRACE"...Everyone Loves the Song

I have heard "AMAZING GRACE" many times. But I don't know well about the words and the background. So watched the movie about "AMAZING GRACE", I could know about this song deeply for the first time.

The words of this song was written by John Newtonan. He was an English slaveship master and became an Anglican clergyman after his conversion to Christianity. During his navigation, he wrote the words of this song. He wanted to abolish slavery. Slave's past is sad and gross. And he hardly forgat about the lost life of slaves. So he wrote this for memorialize them.

Then this words were spread and came to be sung by many many people. Now, "AMAZING GRACE" is sung by most American. Prisoner also sing this song.

"AMAZING GRACE" is loved by everyone. And in America, children take over this song from their parents. Through this song people can connect with other people from the bottom of heart. Heard "AMAZING GRACE" , I 'm moved though I didn't know the meaning of the words.
It is maybe common feeling of all people. I want to know more about this song and share feelings with many people.

No comments: