Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What I got from Romeo & Juliet

When I finished seeing "Romeo & Juliet", I was very moved but I had a question: what is love?. Surely it is amazing that he and she can die because the lover dies. Moreover, they don't hesitate to choose death when they realize the lover's death. If you had the most important person and he or she died, could you choose death? I can't do that. So I think that the love of Romeo and Juliet is very strong. However, is it true love that his death follows shortly after her and her death follows after him? Some people may say yes and others may say no. I think that this was one way to show love and they could show love to the other with other ways.


I don't know that this love is true love. However, I can understand the power of love. In this story, Romeo and Juliet aren't bound together but their love gives a chance to shorten the distance between the Montagues and the Capulets. These families have hated each other very much, but the grudge comes to an end because of love of the couple.


We were given a chance to think about love from Shakespeare. This is a big question but I'd like to keep thinking of it from now on.

No comments: