Friday, October 19, 2012

Japanese Traditional Play

These days, I am interested in "origami."
It is one of the Japanese traditional play.

We usually fold one paper to form many kind of things.
For example, we make animals, flowers, fish, and so on.
Sometimes we use several papers to make big productions such as dinosaurs.
But some people make such kind of things with only one paper!

I also tried to make big work using only one paper, but... I gave up when I make half.
That was really complex!
I'd like to try again during winter vacation.
But I can make a squirrel in the heart in about 7 minutes.
It looks so cute, so I like making it.



By the way, the skill of "origami"is used to make a satellite.
I think that is honor to Japanese people.
Sadly, I can't write a detail (because I don't have enough vocabulary),so if you want more information, please search.
You may find the news with the word "miura-ori."

I found it interesting because I can make various things from one paper.
That is amazing, isn't it?
Now I would like to try to make many things and enjoy the play which people in the past day enjoyed.

No comments: