Wednesday, December 04, 2013

My hometown


Good evening, everyone!
I'm Nana Chiba.

My hometown is Tono City in Iwate prefecture.
Tono city is in almost the middle of Iwate Prefecture and at the foot of Mount Hayachine.

Tono city is famous for "tono-monogatari".
"Tono-monogatari" is a falk tale which has been handed down
from generation to generation in the city.
Kunio Yanagida , a folklore scholar in Japan, published a book
named "tono-monogatari" in1910.


岩手県遠野市カッパ淵 - 写真 - MAPPLE 観光ガイド



This is a picture of "kappa-buchi".
It is told that  "kappa" live in this stream.
"Kappa" is a river goblin in English.
It  is one of the symbols in the city and  appeares in " tono-monogatari".

In addition, there are beautiful natural scenely, various folk arts
and delicious regional cuisines in the city.

Tono city is a very attractive city and I'm proud of it.
If you are interested in my hometown, please ask me about it and visit in the city someday.

Thank you for reading!


Nana Chiba








No comments: