Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The movie I'd like to see


I would like to see the movie: Blade Runner. This movie is made in America in 1982 but it is still popular. I think that this is because the main theme can apply to the present age. In this movie, human beings kill replicants, who is made by genetic engineering. In other words, they are cyborgs and their appearances are same as human beings. However, their life span is decided. This is 4 years. The end of the life human beings have is unclear, while the end of the life replicants have is clear. From this difference, this movie tells us the importance of life.
Shall we think about several problems? What is genetic engineering? What is cyborgs? And what is life?

2 comments:

Professor Philips said...

I love this movie and it seems that every time I watch it I get something new from it. Yes, it makes you think about things. That scene where the replicants finally meet Mr. Tyrell and ask for more life is like getting to meet God and asking why we have to die. And what do you think about Harrison Ford's character? Is he?

AOMORI MUSLIM said...

blade runner is a action movie so i also interested on it.