Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hamlet

 I've known Hamlet but never read or watched it till I watched it in the class last day. "Hamlet is really tragedy!" This is my first comment. A lot of people died and finally even Hamlet did! " To be or not to be, that is the question" is the most famous word in this story and I think so, too 'cause there are many interpretation of it. As many interpretation say, I also think that line means " to live, or not to live"  If he goes on living, he can accomplishes his father's vengeance. But if he doesn't, he never does. Hamlet is really sincere.  He places his father's revenge priority over his life. If my important person is killed, can I do it? This is difficult question!  "To die, to sleep" is also impressive for me.  he says "To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub. For in that sleep of death what dreams may come."  Will I have a dream after the death? What kinds of?  This story left me some big questions. I want to read this story in English!

No comments: