Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sherlock Holmes

Hi,guys!
I have loved the novels "Sherlock Holmes series" written by Arthur Conan Doyle since I was in primary school. So I have many this novels in my room. I respect Holmes's deep and keen insight, and also like his cool wise saying. I recommend you this web site that you can read the all sereis in Japanese and English! In this web site, I would like to reommend you this wise saying at "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Beryl Coronet".

It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. Now, I knew that it was not you who had brought it down, so there only remained your niece and the maids. But if it were the maids, why should your son allow himself to be accused in their place? There could be no possible reason. As he loved his cousin, however, there was an excellent explanation why he should retain her secret –the more so as the secret was a disgraceful one. When I remembered that you had seen her at that window, and how she had fainted on seeing the coronet again, my conjecture became a certainty.

No comments: