Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Summer Plants ~Sunflower🌻and Garden balsam~

The flower reminds me of summer is exactly "Sunflower".  The color and image are all suit summer, I think.

Hearing the word "Summer" makes us think of sun, and I think the figure of sunflower resembles sun! So I feel summer in sunflower.
Also when I was a elementary school student, my homework in summer vacation is to grow sunflower! In addition, in Japan the word sunflower is a summer season word in haiku.

I love the picture that growing straight and high to sun.

Next plant is garden balsam. This plant is relatively famous in Japan. The characteristic of this plant is blow their seeds off when they get ripe. I think this is really cute! Flowering period of this is from June to September. So garden balsam suits summer, too.
Going to sea or eating ice cream is good in summer, however enjoy wathing summer plants is also wonderful!!                                                                                                                                                                    

No comments: