Friday, August 01, 2014

Our Great Class "English ⅢB"! by Michiko

In April I was looking for a class that I could learn how to write down academic English essay, for my graduation thesis and TOEFL test. Fortunately Prof. Philips told me about this class and I could take a writing class finally! Before I went to study abroad, I took an Advanced English ⅢB that Prof. Philips taught, but at that time I couldn’t understand what he said and even the contents. I was just sitting in the class and pretended as if I understood. However, after coming back I could listen to English, understand about the contents of the class and use the knowledge of writing English essay. When I was in NZ I took a writing class as well, but the class was too many students to ask questions in class, so I always went to my teacher after class and asked some questions that I had. The goodness of this English advanced ⅢB class in Hirosaki uni was very small class and it was relatively easy to ask questions rapidly. We leant not only academic skills of writing but some interesting topics such as about linguistics, international problems, and movies. I strongly recommend that students in Hirosaki uni take this English class for their English improving! Thanks to this class, I learnt the difficulties and the importance of English writing. Sincerely thank you so much for Prof. Phillips my classmates. Have a nice summer vacation! Michiko Nara

No comments: