Thursday, May 07, 2015

Hometown

My hometown is Anshan, which is located in the central part of Liaoning Province. The longest distance from north to south is 175 kilometers and the wide distance from west to east is 133 kilometers.

There are three key words about Anshan, steel, bolder, and pears.
The first one is steel. Since The Han Dynasty, there is a record of mining ironstone in Anshan. And the biggest factory in Anshan, Anshan Steel Factory, was built by the same time when The People's Republic of China was built. The intra-city of Anshan is divided into four districts by railway. And the west area in Anshan, one of the four districts, is almost the factory. The factory brings Anshan not only very big economics benefits but also make the air polluted. My family lived near the railway, so it is near to the factory too. I am very worried my parents’ health when I see the polluted smoke flying from the big chimneys. I will let my parents move to another place after I decide my work place.

The second key word is bolder. The biggest joss made of bolder is in Anshan. It is 5.23 meters tall. I have seen the joss by my eyes, and it’s amazing. Around the temple, where the joss is located, there are lots of mountains. Although it is polluted in west area, the east of Anshan is full of mountains. It is said that there are 999 peaks in this resort, so the resort is called of Thousand Mountain Resort. A lot of people who are interested in climbing mountain from everywhere rushed to Anshan every summer. I would like to see the scenery from the top of mountains, but I don’t want go outside in hot weather, so nearly every summer, I hide in my room and eat ice-cream and be fatter and fatter.


 The last one is my favorite, pears. The pears are named Nanguo Pear. They are so delicious that you can smell them when you enter the room even without seeing them. Nanguo pears are smaller than ordinary pears, and you can buy it only in Anshan. No other city is the Nanguo produced. It tastes not only sweet but also a little sour. You would like to have another one after you have one, and then never want to stop having them.

 Anshan is not a big city like Shenyang, so it is not so convenient and crowded. But I like it very much, though it is polluted very much. I think this is the mystery of hometown. You may not satisfied with it and complain about it but nothing can stop you from coming back. In my opinion, everyone has special emotions about his hometown where he was given birth to. 

No comments: