Thursday, May 26, 2005

Hello!

Hello everyone! My name is Nagaya Kaneko. I'm from Akita.
My major is education; I'm only student of this major in this class.
So I don't have friends in this class. Please get along with me.
I had edited my blog since I was a high school student.
I want to show it, but I don't fix it long long time. So next time...

I tended to absent this class. I got a serious cold second times in Hirosaki!
I was weak, like a slime in "Dragon Quest". But now I'm so healthy!
So I study English seriously and I'd like to get skills of speaking English.
And I want to study abroad someday. I want to be a teacher of developing country in the future.

Thank you for reading my introduction. I hope to see more of you:D

P.S. Mr.Philips, I'm sorry I couldn't answer your question at today's class.
I understood about "paragraph". But I was too nervous. I'll do my best next class!!!

2 comments:

Professor Philips said...

Please don't be nervous in class. It can start a downward spiral, a vicious circle of decline.

For instance, if I think students don't know what "paragraph" means, I will go over paragraphs again and again, and students will be bored and not pay attention, so the class will not get anywhere.

Please speak up and ask questions in class. I was trained at American universities, so I expect students to be more active and ask questions.

BTW, Kaneko, what would you like to teach in a developing country?

Professor Philips said...

Kaneko wrote:

> I don't have any ideas yet. But I love learning. There are lots of people who don't have education. So I want to tell my student some kind of pleasure of learning through some subjects.


I used to know a Japanese from Akita who taught science in Ghana. He spoke excellent Ghanaian English. There are also many openings for Japanese teachers in developing countries. The University of Ghana wanted to offer Japanese language and the Japan Foundation (or someone official like that) was supposed to fund it, but they couldn't find any qualified Japanese volunteer. Good luck!

> And I'm going to go to Maine univercity and look differences of culuture


That is an excellent program. If you like seafood you will love Maine! (^_^)