Friday, November 16, 2012

My Favorite Festival

 Hello. It's me, Chieko. Today, I'll introduce "Tachineputa" to you.

 Tachineputa is the festival held in August 4 to 8th in Gosyogawara City. We take tall dolls riding on cars mainly made by paper and wire. Besides, we play flutes, drams, and handbells. And we hop or dance to the music. It is really fun!

 (This is the last year's our high school's doll)

 Although it is not really certain, it is said that neputa-festival was originally some kinds of the ceremony of floating lanterns on the water. The name is from Japanese word "nemutai", means sleepy.

 In my high school, there is a club making tachineputa-dolls. The club also play instruments in the festival. Of course, students not belongs to the club also can take part in the festival. I took part in the festival playing drams and dancing when I was a high school student. When I graduated the high school, was I disappointed that I can't participate in the festival? No. The graduates also can participate in the festival with the students! In fact, I participated in the festival this summer with my friends. I met old friends and enjoyed a lot!

 Why don't you see it? You may enjoy a lot, too!

 Thank you.


No comments: