Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Movies

One of my favorite movies is "GLADIATOR". Like this movie, I like historical movies.This movie is directed by Ridley Scott, and Russell Crowe plays the leading part.


The background of this story is the times of Roman Empire. Emperor wants not his son Comodus but general Maximas to succeed him, but Comodus can't understand. He kills his father and Maximas' family. Maximas manages to escape and becomes gladiator. Then he fights against Comodus as a gladiator.


I wondered this story was true, so I looked into it by reading books on Roman history. However I couldn't find out. Now I think it is no matter that this story is true or not because this movie showed me many characteristic people and I was able to get an opportunity to think over human feelings.

No comments: