Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My feeling of the so-far “Romeo and Juliet”

I found two specific feeling of the movie in my heart. (It goes without saying that the story is wonderful!) First, I was surprised by the simple story of the movie. Because there are no redundancies in the movie, I was able to concentrate on the story. I think this characteristic doesn’t appear in the today’s movies very much. ‘Romeo and Juliet’ entertain us by the story itself while today’s movies are supported by other things such as CG. Second, I was moved by the lines. I can’t explain how I felt when I heard them, but I think these lines are considered very-very-very carefully by the Shakespeare. Because I am Japanese, it was difficult for me to find what kinds of spices are added to the lines, but I found some spices and surely felt something special when I heard the lines. Now I’m very looking forward to watch the rest of the movie tomorrow!

No comments: