Tuesday, October 19, 2010

my hometown





Hello, I would like to tell you about my hometown .
Well, I'm french and I come from a small town called Dax, in the Landes Departement, about one hour and a half from Bordeaux.

In my town, we love to eat good, natural food we produce ourselves, like for example, poultry and vegetables which with we can cook a delicious soup we call "garbure" (take a look at the photo I sent, please). We especially love eating ducks, and make some duck breast or some "confit of duck" (I hope you are not hungry ;) ) !! And, despite this long-standing rumour, I can tell you that NOT EVERYONE in France loves eating frogs' legs, that's not true (for my part, I hate it, so...). But in my region, it's true that snails are mouth-watering, and personally I love mushrooms that sprout in this area !!!


Every year, the inhabitants of my city organize some festivities called "féria de Dax" (photo again), during a week in mid-August, where everyone must be dressed in white and red (traditional colours of the town), where every young (and less) people can get drunk, and have a good time together. Last years, this festivities attracted so much people, and many foreigners came too (from England, Spain, Deutch, even America !), that made my town quite famous, so I'm very proud!!


In my town, we also love the bullfights, it's a tradition in the South West of France to go seeing it. I rather not to talk about this because I don't want to heart anyone's feelings, and I don't appreciate it neither so I would conclude here.


Thank you for having read me, see you pn next class

No comments: