Thursday, October 08, 2015

about hometown

Hello, I will introduce about my hometown, Osaka. Have you ever been to Osaka? Osaka has many spots to visit, Osaka Castle, Universal Stadio Japan, Kaiyukan aquarium, Shinsaibashi, and so on. Osaka also has unique tasty food, Okonomiyaki and Takoyaki. I like these food very much.
By the way, Osakan, people who live in Osaka, speak their own dialect called "Osaka-ben". "Osaka-ben" is highlighted by words and phrases that have special meanings found only in the Kansai area. Now I'd like to introduce one of my favorite "Osaka-Ben". That is " Shaa-nai". This phrase has many meanings. Its most common usage is when someone is resigned to the fact that something will not turn out as expected. As in "so-ka, sorya shaa-nai na," the speaker is reluctantly admitting resignation, or "I see. That's the way it goes." Not easily translated into English, shaa-nai is closer in meaning and feeling to "que sera sera" in Spanish. It has a positive feeling that looks forward to tomorrow. So I like this word so much.
That's all what I want to let you know about my hometown Osaka. Thank you for reading.

No comments: