Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Run Away Jury

I had never known 《the run away jury》before I saw it this time.It caught my eyes when I saw the actress is who acted in the film 《2012》. But in fact,the most important point I liked is that the film is about law and fair.
I have known that even now American soceity is troubled with the problem of gun. The film is very sharp with this problem . I don’t konw the ending of it,but no matter who win the lawsuit,the film shows the problem of the gun.
I really don’t know if it is real that the jury is so easy to be controled,but what I konw is that the system of jury has some flaws. Because a jury which is made up by some people who don’t know law very well is difficult to show their point in fair. They only show their own point and naturely will be influenced by the other people. Certainly,the system of jury is very good. but it is idealist.it lets more people take part in the adjudication. But as the film says,everyone has weakness. So,it is very easy to control them. And i think that the jury’s decide will be become smaller and smaller.

1 comment:

Professor Philips said...

It's been said that the jury system guarantees your right to a trial before a jury of people too stupid to get out of jury duty. Seriously, most Americans hate doing jury duty so much that the judge was surprised that the blind man actually wants to get on the jury and knows that legally he can't be excluded from a jury.