Saturday, January 29, 2011

runaway jury

I'm so so so happy we could see that movie !!! it"s really the kind of movies I appreciate, with a lot of suspense !! Of course, as Caroline said it, the end was totally predictable (but was it indeed for everyone ?), because I think that in America, people tend to prefer happy endings.

And, as Caroline said it too, unfortunately, a defeat in a trial won't force the gun industry to file for bankrupcy, or stop its trade ! Too many people (from the highest classes) are involved in this business (which is one of the most thriving ones in the world)

I have to said that, even if i knew the end was going to be a happy one, I was bluffed when Nick Easter and Marleen's real motivation is clarified !!
I truly believed they were in only for the money, as a cunning blackmailer couple!
But come to think of it, it's true that I have never seen John Cusack playing a villain in a movie until now, so I should have expected him for being on the right side after all !
I have a question for you guys :
do you think the jury can be manipulated so easily ? Would Nick Easter be able to succeed in real life ?

No comments: