Friday, December 22, 2006

Gaius julius Caesar

I watched movie which title is "Julius Caesar" in this March because I was in a hospital two weeks.
The movie seems to be a play and old.
And there wasn't a caption.
I understood little content...
The name Julius Caesar often appears in the text book on world's history.
(Did you take the course in high school?)
My image about him was a strong conqueror.
In the movie, however, he is descrived as a democratic person who is brave and kind.
Maybe, in the textbook, there are things which aren't written.



I am interested in history.
I watched "Troy", "Gradiateur"(Marcus Aurelius Antoninus appears in beginning!), "Peal Harbor", "King Arthur", and so on.
So, I want to read more books and watch more movies on history.
Do you have some recommends?

In addition, I read all volumes of "The Lord Of The Rings" in Japanese.
And I looked into John Tolkien.
I will start reading it in English★
Um..It will be a long jorney...

1 comment:

Professor Philips said...

I guess you watched Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar" which I talked about in class today.

Was it this version or this one?

Julius Caesar was one of the most controversial people in world history. Shakespeare's interpretation is one popular one, but there are many other ways people think about Caesar. He was very popular among the Romans, and in fact was a leader of the "Populares."

I have lots of good suggestions about history of course. My own books? ;-)

Historical fiction movies are not history, though, so you have to read real history, or watch documentaries.

Tolkien is not history, either, but it is a great read. I hope you can get through the English, but it will be a good practice for you. Good luck!