Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My introduction, Hometown and Major



 Hi, I am Kanako Tachibana, and I would be glad to call my name friendly.
You might become aware of there are one more person in class at Fridays 2nd period comparing Wednesday.
It is me :)
Original English IIIB class to me is on Thursday 1st period, but I take Spanish class at that time.
Therefore I changed class.

I am from Sapporo city.
I think that most of you know the name because it is the most famous and the biggest city in Hokkaido.
Sapporo is located in west of Hokkaido and near from the sea.
Look at this map. ( the star shows the location of Sapporo)
Left picture shows the scenery of the center of Sapporo, right one shows around Susukino", which is famous as good drinking area in Japan.  Susukino is one of my favorite spot in Sapporo and I think this area is the best to feel urbanized atmosphere in my hometown.
































You may surprise, most of people in Sapporo uses subways compared to using bus in generally.
There are 3 lines all which go through the center of the city and from edge to edge of Sapporo.
Therefore we rarely worry about going far.
This is the map of subways.  You think its very useful, don't you?





















If you have a chance to come my hometown, I am sure you would not lost your way.
The map will tell you all...



















... Did you get it?
The reason I told so is that street in Sapporo are laid out in grit pattern
In addition, the name of the streets also help your preventing lost your way, and its name will show the place where you are such as North 1-West 4 or South 4-West 2.
If you yet lost your way, please call me.



The season when there are the most travelers in Sapporo is winter.
You may have heard the name of "Sapporo snow festival".
Many people participate the snow carving competition and a lot of people around the world come and see those things.
At the same time, great and beautiful illuminations or snowboard competition.
 




































Finally I introduce what I am studying.
Most of you might notice already, I major in humanities.
Especially now I am studying is contemporary international society.
The differences from education, as growing up the grade, our options what we want to study are expanding.
Since I was a high school student, my interest is almost about Africa.
That is why I want to be in Pf Philips's seminar no matter what.
After I graduate,  I want to be a member of JOCV and work at some African countries.
My dream is that relationship between Africa and Japan is more better and many Japanese interest in those area more.
For that reason, I want to improve my English skill, and I am needed to study more harder.



I would like to talk more with you.
Thank you.

1 comment:

Professor Philips said...

Unfortunately my seminar doesn't really prepare people for the JOCV. You have to have some kind of skill they need. Let's talk more about this later.