Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Free Topic

I’m going to talk about Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Irritable Bowel Syndrome is 過敏性腸症候群 in Japanese. It is called IBS for short. The number of IBS are about twelve million in Japan. I’m also one of them. IBS is roughly divided into three types: diarrhea-predominant, constipation-predominant and with alternating stool pattern or pain-predominant. The young is liable to have IBS. The diarrhea-predominant is common in male and the constipation-predominant is common in female, but I’m diarrhea-predominant. The symptoms of IBS are abdominal pain or discomfort in association with frequent diarrhea or constipation and change in bowel habits. While the cause of IBS is unknown, the psychological fear, the stress and the disorder of life-style are thought to be factors. It is said that nervous people are liable to have IBS by eating and drinking too much, keeping irregular hours and overwork. IBS is hard to cure completely, but medicine can help relieve symptoms enough to prevent patients from interfering with their daily activities. And relieving the causes of stress is effective. When I lived in my parents’ house, the cause of my stress was a commuter train. So after I lived in Hirosaki and I didn’t take a train, my condition improved. I want to lead a stress-free life in Hirosaki.

No comments: