Thursday, May 20, 2010

Soup curry - My favorite food

Hello. My favorite food is soup curry. It is originated from Sapporo and there seem over 200 shops specialized in soup curry in Sapporo. It consists of spicy soup (but its taste is different from normal curry's) , fried vegetables (callots, eggplants, potatoes, green pepper...) only with oil, a chicken leg and turmeric rice.
It is very delicious. I really love it. When I was an elementary school children, my family traveled to Hakodate and I ate soup curry there. I surprised to find it was so delicious in spite of its strong spiciness. Since then, I have loved soup curry. When I chose a college to enter, I had severe difficulty in deciding which college is good to enter. Yamagata University or Hirosaki University or Hukushima medical University... I considered until after the Center Examination and finally decided to enter Hirosaki University partly because I can go to Hakodate or Sapporo to eat soup curry.
I'm planning to travel to Hakodate in this summer vacation with 8-12 friends. It will be in 8/27-29 (just before Early Exposure guidance in 8/30) or 9/16-18 (soon after medical examination in 9/15). Already 8 people are going to join if they are free in that time. If you want to join us, please send e-mail or talk to me. There is a nice soup curry shop in Hirosaki. If you want to eat, please contact me.

Soup curry and turmeric rice.

1 comment:

Gaijin Mitch said...

Soup Curry hungh? I've never heard of that before. The only type of curry I've had was at some Indian restaurant I went to once in my home city. When I come to Hirosaki, maybe you can tell me where that restaurant is so I can try the soup curry.