Thursday, November 06, 2014

My hometown

     Hi, everyone! I'm Kei. Today's topic is my hometown. My hometown is Aomori city in Aomori prefecture. there is a prefectural capital.
     Do you know what kind of a dialect is spoken in Aomori city? A lot of people think we speak 'Aomori-ben.' ('Ben' means 'a dialect.') But, In fact, you cannot find such dialect. There are two dialects, 'Tsugaru-ben' and 'Nambu-ben' in Aomori prefecture. 'Tsugaru' means western part of Aomori and 'Nambu' does Eastern part. Aomori city is in Tsugaru area. So people living there speak 'Tsugaru-ben.'
     If you come to Aomori city in summer, you can see thrilling festival 'Aomori Nebuta.' It is vary famous as three big festival in Tohoku in Japan. You may say 'I know there is a similar festival in Hirosaki city.' There are, however, big differences between them. I'm sorry to Hirosaki citizens, but I think Aomori Nebuta is more stirring festival. Hayashi-kata is performing exiting music, many kinds of big Nebutas are been hauling, thousands of Haneto are jumping and crying 'Rasse-ra!' out loud. I love it and I want you to know how exiting it is. Why don't you go to Aomori city next summer?

Thank you for reading;)

No comments: