Monday, May 10, 2010

O Brother

Hi,everyone.I'm Tetsushi Oyama.
In the last English class,we watched the movie "O Brother"in English with no subtitles.

In the movie,the starring actor George Clooney sang very nice songs.I was surprised that he was a nice singer.I want to hear the song again.The other two guys were good too.

I think I understood the story,but there were some scenes I didn't.
There was a scene that many people in white gathered and did something weird.I remember that they had fire,shouting somehow and trying to kill a person.What was that?Kind of a ceremony?If you know about that please tell me.

1 comment:

Professor Philips said...

George Clooney didn't sing in the movie. Someone else's voice was dubbed in. The gathering you didn't understand was a Ku Klux Klan rally. You can google Ku Klux Klan, or you can take my US history class (B) where I talk about them. They were a racist secret society that was big in the 1920s but were already declining in the 1930s, when the film is set.