Thursday, May 13, 2010

O brother

Good morning, I'm Yoshihiro Asai. I'll tell you the impression of "O brother."

I couldn't understand almost all the story.Few things I could understand were that three prisoners somewhat could escape from police and that they somewhat could be praised by many people and come to be happy. I thought they were always very very lucky.No matter when they were in bad situation,someone or something certainly helped them.
Well,I have many questions about the story. What was the group whose members were singing in a river? Who was the man who recorded the song singed by three prisoners? What was the man in glasses and always with his dog? Why,in last scene,the flood took place?

1 comment:

Professor Philips said...

I think I answered most of your questions in my own blog post, but the flood was from the TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) dam that was flooding the river to make electricity. Most of the rural United States got electricity in the 1930s, beginning with the TVA.