Thursday, May 13, 2010

O Brother

Hello! I'm Satoko.

I'd like to tell the impression of "O Brother".

The first thing, I like music and songs in this movie. I have heard almost all songs, so I enjoyed listen to it.

All characters were so funny, but they each imagined their future and dream earnestly. I think this was the very treasure for them whatever it was and three heroes could grasp their own happy life.

Now I have a question about this movie. At this age, was lynching (killing) black people natural?
Was it allowed by people? When one of candidates said about it at the last scene, he said it ordinarily. So I thought it was strange.

1 comment:

Professor Philips said...

I'm sorry to say that lynching of blacks was common in many parts of the United States from the 1890s to the 1950s. It was a crime, of course, but many states refused to enforce the laws. Finally after the corpse of Emmet Till was shown on television, the federal government stepped in and put a stop to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching_in_the_United_States