Thursday, November 13, 2014

Kyoto

    I have many favorite spots in Kyoto, because I lived in Kyoto for three years. And I want to introduce three spots in Kyoto. First my recommended spot is Fushimiinari-taisha. Nowadays, this shrine is famous for foreign tourists. There are many red-torii. Approximately 10,000 torii dedicated by devotees stand on Mt. Inari, among which the Senbon Torii (a thousand torii) are particularly famous. Second my recommended spot is Suirokaku. Suirokaku is a bridge built in Meiji period to draw water from Lake Biwa. This bridge built by red brick and modeled by Roman bridges. So Suirokaku is very beautiful bridge. I do not bored when I see this bridge. Third my recommended spot is Shimogamo jinja. Shimogamo jinja is one of the oldest shrine in Kyoto. To my surprise, this shrine has existed before the transfer of the national capital to Kyoto. Kyoto is a place that attracts many visitors. 

No comments: