Thursday, April 29, 2010

Kawagoe High School

Hi, everyone!  My name is Fumitsugu Yamane.

I went to Kawagoe high school in Saitama.

Kawagoe high school is boy's school and over 100 years old.

We had various events there. Especially school festival called Kusunoki Sai is very famous in Japan.

Every year about 12,000 people come to the festival.

The students prepare for it for about a year.

There are many events.In particular, Water Boys which is synchronized swimming by men is wonderful.

Their performance is so cool.

We proud of them.

Why don't you come to the festival?

I'm sure you can enjoy it.

1 comment:

Gaijin Mitch said...

100 years? 12000 people? I can't even imagine that. Canada only had it's 150th birthday a little while ago, and the city I live in also only just turned 100! I can't even imagine what kind of history your school has.

Why did you decide to go to an all boys school? Most of the schools in the city I live in are mostly co-ed, so I can't really imagine what it's like...