Thursday, April 29, 2010

Self introduction and about my interests

Nice to meet you. My name is Yuta Oba.
I'm from Sendai. Sendai is the biggest city in Tohoku and famous for beef tongue. There are many good beef tongue restaurants, so eat it when you visit Sendai.

I like any kinds of sports. When I was a junior high school student, I belonged to the soccer club. So I like soccer in particular.
I'm looking forward to the World Cup in South Aflica. I hope that Japan will make good performances in South Africa.
I often watched a Vegalta Sendai's game when I lived in Sendai, and it is sad for me that I can't watch the games in Hirosaki.

I like watching baseball games though I don't play baseball. My favorite team is Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles. I would often go to the stadium with my friends and enjoy the games. I'd like to go to see a game during the summer vacation.

I'm interested in so-called otaku cultures. However, in Japan, people tend to think otaku as odd. So if you are interested in Japanese manga, anime, or voice artists of anime, talk to me in private. I'm sure that we will become good friends!

1 comment:

Gaijin Mitch said...

...beef tongue?

I'm going to have to try it. When I come to Japan I'm going to be doing a food blog with all kinds of things that you can't have in Canada. It's definitely going to be interesting.

If you want to talk about anime and stuff like that, I'm a boarderline otaku as well. Although, I don't like dressing up and going to conventions or anything, I really like the stories of the manga and anime. I like how different Japanese story telling is compared to the Western style, it's much more interesting!

Do you like any Western comics?